Laser Transport International Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.laserint.co.uk (“Our Site”) and as described in Parts 5 and 6, below, we do not collect personal data about you unless you contact us. Any personal data we do collect will only be used as permitted by law.
- Information About Us
Our Site is owned and operated by Laser Transport International Limited, a limited company registered in England under company number 1726499. Registered address: Lympne Distribution Park, Hythe, Kent, CT21 4LR VAT number: 202329313
We are a member of:
British International Freight Association and Road Haulage Association.
- What is Personal Data? Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’. Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
- What Are My Rights? Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 9 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held 1 by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 10 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 10 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 10.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- What Personal Data Do You Collect? Subject to the following, we do not collect any personal data from you. We do not place cookies on your computer or device, nor do we use any other means of data collection. If you send us an email or request a quote, we may collect your name, your email address, and any other information which you choose to give us.
- How Do You Use My Personal Data? If we do collect any personal data, it will be processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details on security see Part 7, below. If you contact us and we obtain your personal details from your email, we may use them to respond to your email. You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it. We may share your personal information with any company that is a member of our group, but only where there is a legitimate interest and it enables us to carry out the services required by our customers.
- How and Where Do You Store My Data?
We will only store your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
- Do You Share My Personal Data? We may share your personal information with any company that is a member of our group, but only where there is a legitimate interest and it enables us to carry out the services required by our customers. In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data? If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”. All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 10. There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding. We will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
- How Do I Contact You? To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details: Email address: IT@laserint.co.uk Telephone number: 01303 260471 Postal Address: Laser Transport Int Ltd, Lympne Distribution Park, Hythe, Kent, CT21 4LR.